Instagram swipe up feature is an amazing feature that allows Instagrammers to reach their audience and gain more followers by adding a link directly to their Instagram stories. Story viewers can swipe up on a story or tapping an arrow at the bottom of their screen to access a link. By using this swipe up link brands and businesses can promote different products.
However, there are some requirements before anyone can use this feature. In other words, there are two scenarios in which this feature can be used. The first one is you should have your profile set up as a business account and have over 10000 followers. The second one is you should be a verified account (blue tick).
How to Add Swipe Up Link in Instagram Story?
(10,000 followers or Verified account)
Here is how you can add a link to your story so people can swipe up.
- Open your Instagram app and tap on the camera icon in the top left.
- Capture a photo or video or choose from your camera roll
- Tap the link icon in the middle of the screen
- Paste your link (Weblink or IGTV Link)
If you are using android, tap on the green check. If you are using IOS, tap on Done.
Turn on the Instagram shopping feature to get more opportunities with the swipe up feature.
Add Swipe Up Link in Instagram Story?
(Without 10,000 followers or verified account)
Don’t worry if you don’t have your account verified or 10000 Instagram followers. Still, you can add a link to your story.
- Create an IGTV Video and ask people to tap on the title of the video to get the link
- Add the link in the IGTV caption and post this video on the IGTV channel
- Now open Instagram stories and click on the link icon on top of your screen
- Select the IGTV video with the link that you added in the previous steps.
There you go.
Instagram swipe up is a useful feature that allows you to add links to your important content or products. It is a great tool for brands and businesses if they want to promote their products and make money.
I Have 10k Followers on Instagram But No Swipe Up
If you have hit 10k Instagram followers but still not able to swipe on story, you need follow try a few options.
- First of all, make sure that you have 10k followers.
The second option is to update your Instagram app. Maybe you are not getting this because your app is not updated.
The third option is to switch to a business account if you are currently using a personal account.
The fourth option is to try the second method of swipe up with IGTV. You can get the swipe up without 10000 Instagram followers.