Do you want to attend computational social science conference in 2023? You are in the right place. A two-day conference is going to hold on November 16–17, 2023. Here are the details about the conference.
Conference on Harmful Online Communication
Location: Cologne, Germany
- A two-day hybrid conference in Cologne, Germany, with an online participation option.
- Sessions focused on various aspects of Harmful Online Communication.
- Involvement of leading experts in the field.
Definition of Harmful Online Communication:
- Encompasses various activities across platforms like Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Telegram.
- Includes hate speech, racism, sexism, mis- and disinformation, and threats of physical violence.
- Requires different detection and countermeasure strategies based on the content type.
- Gather experts in computer-based detection and analysis of harmful online communication.
- Discuss new developments, theoretical concepts, data quality, and comparative measurement tools.
- Establish a community focused on validity and reliability, fostering comparative research and shared knowledge.
Impact and Future Implications:
- Contribution to the field of harmful online communication studies.
- Facilitation of the advancement of Computational Social Sciences.
- Enhancement of traditional social scientists’ utilization of online platform data.
List of Speakers
Here is the list of speakers:
Isabelle Augenstein, University of Copenhagen
Leon Derczynski, ITU Copenhagen & University of Washington
Iginio Gagliardone, University of the Witwatersrand
Elena Jung, modus | zad, Centre for Applied Research on Deradicalisation
Libby Hemphill, University of Michigan
Homa Hosseinmardi, University of Pennsylvania
Paloma Viejo Otero, Center for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI), University of Bremen
Tetsuro Kobayashi, Waseda University
Anne Lauscher, University of Hamburg
Philipp Lorenz-Spreen, Max-Planck-Institute Berlin
Ilia Markov, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Diana Rieger, Ludwig-Maximilians-University München
Björn Ross, University of Edinburgh
Paul Röttger, Bocconi University
Mattia Samory, Sapienza University of Rome
Francielle Vargas, University of São Paulo
Isabelle van der Vegt, Utrecht University
How to Register for the Conference?
If you want to register for the conference, go to the registration page.