As per some estimates, investment in public cloud and infrastructure services could touch nearly US$ 500 billion by 2023 (Source IDC). Seeing this vast market potential, all big IT companies like IBM, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure and AWS are recruiting IT professionals in large numbers.
This article suggests tips for successfully preparing and getting a Microsoft Azure certification and jump-starting your career as a cloud IT professional. The beginner level Microsoft certification exam is the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamental exam.
Exam AZ-900 Overview
The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certificate exam tests your basic knowledge levels in four areas, namely:
- Cloud computing concepts: relative weightage 15-20%
- Primary Azure services: relative weightage 30-35%
- Azure Security, privacy, compliance, and trust: relative weightage 25-30%
- Azure pricing and support: relative weightage 20-25%
There are many components of Azure certifications. You need to gain general knowledge about each topic, as each one of them has a defined and detailed certification path.
The Microsoft azure certification is recommended as a first step for the non-technical professionals, mainly those in sales, as they would be involved in presenting, selling or purchasing cloud-based solutions and services. The other candidates who can benefit from clearing the exam of AZ 900 are the technical engineers who plan to validate their cloud-based knowledge or prepare for higher-level Azure certifications.
The Microsoft Azure certification will be valid for two years. You would need to take an elective exam to stay ‘current’ as the Microsoft certification will have the year and technology version when you clear it.
Preparing For AZ-900 Exam: Concepts and Topics
- Cloud Computing Concepts
- What are the benefits of using cloud services, and what would you consider before using them?
- What are cloud computing and cloud computing dictionaries?
- Describe the differences between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – what each of them means and where they are applied
- Describe the differences between the different types of cloud models: Public, Private, and Hybrid
- Core Azure Services
- Architectural components
- Services and products
- Management tools
- Security, Privacy, Compliance & Trust
- Securing network connectivity
- Identity services
- Security tools and features
- Governance methodologies
- Monitoring and reporting
- Privacy, compliance and data protection standards
- Azure Pricing, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Lifecycles
- Subscriptions and management groups
- Plan and manage Azure costs
- Identify support options
- Features of SLAs
- Service lifecycle
Preparing For AZ-900 Exam: Guideline
As you prepare yourself to take the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam, here are a few key points to keep in mind.
The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals self-study course with 12 modules provided by Microsoft can be referred to and would help in:
- Giving you the basic knowledge needed to pass the exam.
- The exact page will also help schedule the exam when you are ready to take the same
If you are not interested in reading the pages and prefer to listen, you can subscribe to any online course. You can learn all aspects of cloud computing, namely – network setups, storage, database management, privacy, security, compliance, and more.
Check for training provided by training sites and centers.
Enroll in lab programs that offer hands-on exercises to become more skilled and confident in Azure certification training.
Preparing For AZ-900 Exam: Practicing
After completing the study material, you need to make sure that you are well prepared and ready to take the exam. One option is to take any free practice tests from the many available online. But do so only after studying the official course outline.
Some Typical Questions to Check Your Readiness
- What is the benefit of cloud services?
- Which cloud model gives the maximum degree of ownership and control?
- Which cloud model gives the maximum flexibility?
- Which cloud model compliments legacy applications having specialized mainframe hardware and new shared applications?
- What is the Azure compute resource that can deploy and manage identical virtual machines?
- Upfront expenditure with no downtime for an extended period is referred to as?
Preparing For AZ-900 Exam: Typical Format and Cost
|Total number of Questions
|Between 40 to 60
|1 hour and 25 Minutes
|English, and other languages like Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Spanish, German, and French
Now that you know about the AZ-900 exam, Microsoft Cloud certification guidelines, Microsoft azure certification cost, you know what it takes to start a successful career in Microsoft Azure cloud computing. By using the tips on preparing for the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure fundamentals exam, you can get into this exciting field of cloud computing.
Prepare well for your exams and make sure to enroll yourself in the online course that suits you best. Also, practice hard with mock exams. These exams give you a better understanding of the real one. It is important to get a feel for what is upcoming.